At G. Fedale, our experienced, certified technicians can provide a roof certification for your property. We charge a flat $250 fee for roof inspection for most properties. It’s an easy way to gain confidence in the home you’re buying.
What is a Roof Certification?
During a roof certification, our roofing technician will inspect the roof over the entire structure. Our goal is to provide you with information about the current condition of the roof. It’s often completed as part of a home buying process, but can also be done if you are refinancing a home loan or need an appraisal conducted.
During a certification, we will also point out any potential repairs. We can often give you an estimate on the life expectancy for the roof, allowing you to gauge when you need to invest in a replacement. Once complete, you’ll know everything there is to know about your roof that we can learn from a visual inspection.
What Do We Look at During a Roof Certification?
We look at everything possible to gauge the overall condition of the roof and its age. This includes:
- Any movement in the roof or roofing materials
- The condition and age of the roofing materials
- Ridges, caps, and drip edges – any structural area important to the health of the roof
- The overall soundness of the structure and the drains
- The gutters and downspouts, including where water is running (towards the foundation or away from it)
- The flashing around roof pipes, chimneys, vents, valleys, and HVAC mountings
Any other structural component of the roof that impacts the roofing itself is looked at thoroughly. Our goal is to evaluate the roof itself for structural integrity for your benefit.
A Comprehensive Look at Your Roof
No matter why you request a roof certification, G. Fedale examines the entire structure for you. We take into consideration all aspects of it, including:
- The type of material used on the roof as well as any exposed underlayment
- The age of the roof from our estimates or information provided
- The pitch of the roof (and whether it is ideal)
- The number of roofing material layers present
- The type of roof substrate, including its condition when possible
- Any noticeable roof repairs made to the structure
Our Roof Certification Service
Schedule a time for our roofing technician to come to your home. We’ll climb up and examine the roof. The process takes less than an hour but will answer all the concerns you have. Our goal is always to give you the insight you need to make buying decisions or to know what your next step is for roofing repairs or replacement.
Let G. Fedale provide a roofing certification today. Call us for an appointment.